Top 5 Green Cleaning Products
With spring right around the corner, a lot of people are expecting a long held tradition clean and to freshen their houses.
Most people are unaware of the dangers involved in using standard cleaning products.
The regular cleaning product, whether it’s bleach, dish soap, air freshener, or an all-purpose cleanser, features substances that are harmful. A few of these compounds, called “cancer causing agents” literally cause cancer. Other chemicals can disrupt hormones, and can cause eye irritation, damage red blood cells, cause persistent respiratory difficulties, headaches, allergies, asthma. The list goes on.
That is why it’s so vital that you “go green”, even if it’s only to your health’s sake.
National laws are currently not in place to drive manufacturers to disclose all ingredients. However, some makers do list some of these ingredients, and only a little research will show which ingredients cause harm.
What does it mean to be green?
Just stated, green products are products that do not contain toxins that are dangerous to the environment or your health.
There is not enough space here to list all the harmful compounds that can be found in most cleaning products (even some of the so-called “green” varieties). By the way, some of the “green” cleaning products usually are not extremely green due to deficiency of guidelines that have yet to be demanded by the FDA.
You can assess products listed and rated at the EWG website (Environmental Wellness Group http://www.ewg.org ) The EWG is currently one of the leading advocacy groups for green or natural cleaning products. I Have included a listing of healthy products under, to save yourself time.
I’ve spent an important period of time researching products, learning from mistakes, and have found a few of high quality products that truly are green, and safe to use.
1. EcoSense product line by Melaleuca company. It really is a business that ships directly to consumers. These are the highest quality products for the best cost.
2. Dr. Bronner’s 18 in 1 Pure Castile Soap (Peppermint ) Found in most natural health stores, it is a healthier option to a general cleaning product.
3. J.R. Watkins – These products smell great and function nicely. They can be seen in some shops, and again a little pricier than your typical cleaning product, but you receive an immense return on your investment when you consider your well-being.
4. Seventh Generation Toilet Cleaner- Found in some health stores, toilet cleansers that car cleaning products are thsee have an ear their smell, but are some of the greatest choices for toilet cleaners because they lack harmful toxins.
5. It’s made from ash and egg shells and works great on cleaning endeavors that were more demanding. Baking soda also can be used as an all-natural merchandise that was scouring.
DIY – In case you are thinking about making your own products, white distilled vinegar works best. When used properly a great all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, as well as disinfectant. Pour into your mop water and you have got a healthful, successful floor cleanser. (Beware: there are varying views on using vinegar on wood or granite floorings.) All purpose cleanser and when using vinegar, be sure to cut on the vinegar in half, otherwise it’ll be too acidic to use on your surfaces. The smell is… well, pretty vinegary. As it dries but the scent dissipates.
If all of this is too much, you can always hire a cleaning service that is green to do your cleaning for you. The compounds resonate in the air and on the surfaces while the cleaning is done even if you’re from home. Care should be taken to protect your health and the well-being of your family from these poisonous chemicals. By simply changing your products, you could be saved a lot of cash and headaches later on.